Re: KDE 4.4 betas

Hello,

On ketvirtadienis 24 Gruodis 2009 09:22:57 Beojan Stanislaus wrote:
> On Thursday 24 December 2009 01:43:22 you wrote:
> > Good luck!!!
> >
> > I won't be surprised if 4.3.4 would still be waiting in unstable when
>
> 4.4.0
>
> > or 1 will be released.
> > 4.3.3  -- stillbirth
> > 4.3.2  -- going through the dying process at testing
> > 4.3.1  -- had to go down the drain to make room for 4.3.2
> >
> > What a waste of time and effort.

FWIW, historically, Debian has never been releasing betas of KDE (with the
notable exception of 4.1 (and partially 4.2) series because 4.0 was unusable
back then). What's more, nowadays KDE does a crapload of minor SC releases
most of which is just a fancy version number bump in the later revisions but
it still costs days of maintainer work to upload the loads of packages that SC
is.

On the other hand, Ubuntu keeps riding the hype because that's what their
popularity depends on and because they have enough manpower to do that. Kudos
for them. However, don't have false illusions, QA is lost in such a fast
tracked process. You can't have it both ways so in the end it depends on what
you actually care about.

To sum up, you're most welcome to use or waste your time and effort on
whatever you want.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>