Re: PolicyKit Authorization (System Settings) crashes every time

On 2009-12-22 godo wrote:
> you are not alone. I was thinking that I'm doing something wrong because
> I'm relatively new to Linux/Debian.
> I have this problem on Sid and new installed Squeeze but Squeeze
> upgraded from Lenny is ok.
>
> Bye,
> Goran Dobosevic

Thanks for the reply and good to know I'm not the only one.

Searching for a way to configure it manually (config files) did bring something interesting to light:
the package policykit was removed, but not it's configuration file.
And no other package starting with 'policykit' was installed!

Could that be the problem? Installing policykit-1 didn't fix it though.
From policykit-1's changelog it looks like the package was renamed from policykit, but it did not
'upgrade' to the new name.
Should I have a package with policykit in it's name installed and if so, which?

Regards,
  Diederik