KBluetooth vs. Borden

Hullo, all,

I'm using Squeeze and I'm assuming that the kdebluetooth packages work, even
if they're still using the old Qt3 libraries.  Of course, kbluetooth does not
recognise my tablet's Bluetooth system even though hcitool does.  Yes, I've
triple-checked that I'm a member of *both* the netdev and bluetooth groups.

I have a Creative Bluetooth Headset (yes, they do exist) which I'm trying to
use as a microphone/mono-headphone on my Debian laptop.  I've tried following
http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices with absolutely no success at .
Any attempts to connect to the headset with

hcitool info XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (with the XXs, obviously, replaced with the
headset's Bluetooth address)

gets rewarded with

Can't create connection: Operation not permitted

whereas

sudo hcitool info XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

gets rewarded with

Can't create connection: Input/output error

Yes, all of the hardware *does* work.  I've tested it and proven it.

So, my question goes to all of the KDE users on Squeeze: does Bluetooth work
for you.  If so, how?

With thanks,