Re: Black letters on black background after upgrade

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 06:22:21PM +0100, Ferdinand Thommes wrote:
> Am Freitag 18 Dezember 2009 18:11:02 schrieb Thomas Hahn:
> > Hello,
> > after some dist-upgrade kde was missing as session type.
> > I have installed kdebase and could start up kde again.
> > Unfortunately, the visibility is rather poor now.
> > Without the shades I wouldn't be able to recognize anything.
> > So, what do I need to configure to get back an usable configuration?
> first of all check if installing kde-minimal installs any missing packages
> your dist-upgrade removed stuff you probably want.

sesenta:~# apt-get install kde-minimal
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
kde-minimal is already the newest version.
kde-minimal set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 39 not upgraded.

tom@sesenta:~$ dpkg -l kde-minimal
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
ii  kde-minimal    5:55           the K Desktop Environment, minimal applicati

Thanks for the quick reply
Thomas