Re: kde4.debian.net/ lenny main

Hello,

On penktadienis 04 Gruodis 2009 00:33:30 Karl Schmidt wrote:
> I'm not seeing some of these packages in testing?  I've got a laptop that
>  is 1/2 of the way updated to kde4 - sort of a mess.

If you want KDE 4, use either Squeeze or unstable. kde4.debian.net packages
have been never been "supported" in a true sense. What's more, they even
became obsolete (KDE 4.1 that is there) over a year ago.

> Is it in backports?

No. And there won't be any semi-official backports of KDE 4. Sorry.

> or -
>
> Is there a way to 'pin' the kde4 parts to unstable? Is kde4 from unstable
>  working?

KDE 4 in unstable works fine. But if you want to pull it in, you basically
have to upgrade your whole system to unstable. KDE is a huge beast.

> Someone needs to update this page with the current situation:
>
> http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde4.html
>
> There was also a page at http://kde4.debian.net/ - might be nice to have a
>  forward link there.

Yeah, we will have to do that.