Re: automatic mounting of an encrypted harddrive

I haven't tried it, but take a look at Krypt at http://krypt.berlios.de/.

As for decrypting the drive, I would think if you put the drive into /etc/crypttab, it should remove the need to run the cryptsetup command. I should (hopefully, time permitting) be able to look at this this weekend, as I have an external drive that I intend to encrypt.

--b