automatic mounting of an encrypted harddrive

Hi!

I'm using debian sid. I have an encrypted external drive which I use for
backup purposes. When I plug it in it shows up in fdisk, but I have to mount
it manually via cryptsetup and mount. But when using a kubuntu install and
plugging in that drive kde asks me the password of the drive and mounts it
automatically. Do I have to install a specific package or is this behaviour
specific kubunu and impossible in debian?

Tobias