Re: Jobs in Notifications and Jobs never complete

On 2009-10-08 B. Alexander wrote:
> but the notification icon is still showing 0/1 with the spinner, and
> according to it, the job still has 8 days 9 hours remaining. It's sitting
> here spinning like it is working, but I know it isn't

Have you tried to wait for (quite) a while?
I've had numerous times that I saw the notification ... looking like it's taking a long time or not
responding at all ... then bam: done.

I have such behavior when I click on a link in KMail (my default browser is Iceweasel). Most of the
times it takes a while before Iceweasel pops up with the URL. Other times, it does happen quickly.
Another time when I see the spinner for quite a while is when (trying to) transferring a file with
kopete ... (usually) slow as hell.

My observations regarding the spinner:
- Sometimes KDE seems to think for (quite) a while what to do
- The displayed time it'll take is not always accurate.

HTH,
  Diederik