Re: Am I alone?

Alle Wednesday 30 September 2009, Manolete, ese artista... ha scritto:
> Well, Integration and eyecandy aren't exactly the same thing; but you
>  may be right here, ok. I mentioned K3b just as an example of things
>  that could have been done before if all those pretty themes,
>  plasmoids, effects (some of them are more than eyecandy, and add
>  really useful features regarding usability, to be honest) had been
>  considered not prioritary (if such a word exists in english).

As you reminded, developers are working on what they consider
interesting: this is free software in any sense. However I don't think
the same developer that is taking care of "plasma", or other desktop
related stuff, can easily switch to k3b. k3b is one of the most popular
KDE application, despite of it there have been only a couple of
developers able to bring on Trueg's work. Even if it's always possible
to better organize manpower, there is a limit: you must have competent
people in any given field. Bye

Valerio