Re: Editing fonts in Login Manager under System Settings

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 13:13:59 +0530, ck raju wrote:

> I could trace the text file and made changes there, which got
> reflected in the settings. But inside the greeter, giant fonts still
> appear while entering login name and password. I pushed kde and
> installed gnome, but it persists.

I think you should check Xorg's resolution setting: If you run

xdpyinfo | grep -E 'resol|dimens'

in an X terminal, does it report the correct physical dimensions of your
monitor?

Also, check your font- and theme-related KDM settings, e.g. with this
command:

grep -Ei 'theme|font' /etc/kde4/kdm/kdmrc

          Florian   |