Re: CPU / sensor monitor missing in 4.3 (RESOLVED)

On Sun 2009-08-09, jedd wrote:
>  This popped up already on-list from someone else.  I've poked
>  around and can find lots of other complaints, but haven't found
>  anything in the way of a solution.  It appears to be lower-level
> than plasma, as the three plasma widgets I have that promise to
> monitor CPU performance (none of which appear if you search on
> 'perf') are *all* convinced I have no CPU's in my system.

 ksysguardd was not installed properly - seemingly it got ripped
 out ( to 'rc' state) during one of the recent upgrades, and didn't
 magically get put in.  apt-getting it, along with the lm-sensors
 package it suggested, solved the problem (but did require a lot
 out / log in).

 J.