Re: Re: KDE 4 Issues with Nvidia Card

I was talking about switching kernel at boot time from GRUB, not when
installing a new one. If you just run NVIDIA installer you have only
one module so it has to be built again to work with a different
kernel.
Module assistant has been an option while my geforce wasn't in the 173
legacy drivers.
Manually downloading from sid the nvidia-kernel-legacy-173xx-source
and new nvidia-glx I extracted the sources of the kernel module and
built by debian/rules binary-modules.
I don't know if this procedure has some drawbacks.