Re: KDE4 version in sid ?

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Guan de dio<guan.dedio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks George,
>
>      I don't know what was happened. I tried to make the upgrade using
> apt-get upgate and then apt-get upgrade in a terminal but several packages
> was locked. Making the upgrade using sinaptic all was fine and I currently
> have KDE4.2.4 using my mirror
>
> Best Regards,
> GUAN

I personally prefer 'aptitude dist-upgrade'

- aptitude is better at finding upgrade solutions (important for
testing/sid, where the dependencies can change in ways that confuse
apt-get)

- dist-upgrade, because 'upgrade'  (or safe-upgrade in aptitude),
because sometimes packages need to be removed during an upgrade, which
'upgrade' doesn't do, for safety reasons. Also, with apt-get (as
opposed to aptitude), no new packages are installed.

The above could be what was holding back your KDE upgrade with apt-get.

David.