Re: KDE 4 Issues with Nvidia Card

On Tuesday 09 June 2009, Edson Marquezani Filho wrote:
> But, regarding the performance, I thought it not so good this

 Check your /var/log/Xorg.log file to be sure there are no
 errors or warnings on startup.

 Depending how you're installing the nvidia driver (I install
 it manually, running against a custom-/usr/src/linux kernel
 source) it sometimes defers to the shipped drivers if they
 are not symlinks.

 I also note you said you're using 4.2.2 - be aware that 4.2.4 is
 in unstable now and you should definitely be upgrading to that
 RIGHT NOW .. it's significantly better, or at least has been for
 me the past day or two.

 Jedd.