Re: Dolphin can't browse sshfs mounts

Yannick wrote:
> tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
>
>> Cade Robinson wrote:
>>> Why not just use fish://user@host <mailto:user@host>/path?
>
>> Yes, love going fishing too, MC or Konqueror handle it pretty well,
>> except right now I have seen a few posts about fish not being so
>> reliable for large copies with Konqueror.
>
> Then why no sftp://user@host ? I think most modern ssh servers have sftp
> enabled.
>
> Yannick

Thanks for the roundabout solutions, yes I could use sftp, lftp as a
sftp client, fish, nfs, samba, you-name-it, but it wouldn't explain to
me why a mount point just "become invisible" in Dolphin when I mount
something with sshfs on it.
I would happily settle for a bug a go with another solution, but since
at least one person tried with no problem the same setup, I should be
able to find what's screwing up here.

I am lacking time right now, but I will investigate during the week-end,
and dig upstream bug reports. I'll let the list know if I find a
rational explanation. Please don't throw the cosmic rays at me again ! ;-) .

Cheers,

Tom