Re: Lenny with KDE 3.5.10 on 256MB memory

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 09:53 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
This is, I know, below the recommended amount of RAM (512MB), but comfortably
above the minimum.

Has anyone any experience of how well or badly this actually runs?

TIA
Lisi

I run a Lenny machine with 256MB in an office environment.  I use it as a daily work machine, low use server (smb, http, ssh, xrdp [rdesktop]), and network monitor.
KDE is my desktop environment, and runs absolutely fine. This machine is also joined to the windows domain using Likewise.

Oh, and this is all while running (24/7) a qemu based vm of freenas configured to use 96MB.

Back when this machine was still an etch install, it had 512MB, but we had to take out one stick to put it in my other system, an XP box with "only" 256MB at the time. It still runs slower than the Debian box. :)

PaulNM