Re: [SOLVED] No sound in kde4.2, but sound works in other applications.

On Wednesday 06 May 2009 15:05:29 Alexei Sergeyev wrote:
> Thanks to zakary Flores <debianx11@gmail.com>,
> installing phonon-backend-xine solve all problems! Hope this dependance
> will be added to kde4 package in future!
I installed phonon-backend-xine as well and made it the preferred backend, but
I still hear no sound.
Also blacklisted pcspkr, through /etc/modprobe.d/pcspkr with content
"blacklist pcspkr" (http://wiki.debian.org/KernelModuleBlacklisting)
Still no sound.

I have an "Audigy2 ZS soundcard" and the motherboard has a "NVidia CK804 with
ALC850".
In KDE3 I had to create a file (/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base) to make the Audigy2
the default sound device (normally it would default to the onboard).
But it looks like KDE4 handles it correctly now without it (lists the Audigy
card on top) and I am not using alsa anymore (right?).

Where can I start to figure out why sound isn't working?