multiple KDE3.5.10 sessions and XDMCP

Hi, I have 2 boxes (one slow, one fast) running KDE3.5.9/10 using Debian unstable but one monitor.

I'd like to have 2 KDE sessions possible on each box, one on vt7 and one on vt8, and to be able to access one machine from the other using XDMCP (or anything else that does not have significant overhead on a slow pc).

in /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc I've set:

ServerVTs=-7,-8
StaticServers=:0,:1

but don't get a second kdm session on vt8 )-:.

the two machines have ip addresses 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.101 - I'd like to only allow XDMCP access from each other rather than:

*                                       #any host can get a login window

in /etc/kde3/kdm/Xaccess.

Does anyone have a recently confirmed configuration for this?

Arthur.