Re: State of Konqueror - Was: Konqueror: webkit instead of khtml

At Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:49:11 +0200,
Felix Homann wrote:

> A web browser is for rendering web pages. If it is not properly
> capable of this key requirement it is of little use.

I think your position is clear at this point, that Konqueror is not
doing a good job on the (apparently flash and javascript heavy) pages
that you visit.  On the other hand, to imply that Konqueror cannot
"render web pages" is a bit strong, since the rendering of HTML and
CSS is quite good in my experience.

I personally don't have many problems with konqueror (just different
ones from iceweasel) but then I usually don't install flash, so that
tells you something about web sites I care about.

Finally, if there is an issue here, it is an issue with KDE, not with
debian's packaging of it, so could we please drop this, and or move to
a different venue?

Thanks,

David