Re: Pin to keep kde3.5.9?

On Monday 13 April 2009 12:00:35 Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> El Domingo, 12 de Abril de 2009, Jan De Luyck escribió:
> > Hello,
> >
> > After several unsuccessful tries... does anyone know what I have to
> > pin/hold to keep KDE 3.5.9 instead of 4.2.2 in unstable?
>
> That depends on which parts of KDE 3.5 do you want to keep. Can you be more
> specific? If you want to keep all KDE based applications on the old
> version, you will have to hold them individually, AFAIK, because I don't
> think it's possible to keep on hold a not-installed package (if that were
> possible, you could hold kdelibs5).

Bummer. I was trying to find a way to do exactly that. Right now i've put
holds on the necessary apps to keep it from doing an upgrade on them, and the
respective libraries.

> However, I strongly recommend you to give a try to at least some KDE 4
> applications, even if you keep the old desktop. You can very safely upgrade
> one, test it, and go back to the previous version if you find something
> unbearable.

I'm currently testing KDE4.2.2 on my Macbook, and am having very mixed
feelings about the bunch. That's why I don't want to upgrade my main
machine - just yet. I'll try to get things working again the way I like it on
the mac.

--
Why isn't there some cheap and easy way to prove how much she means to me?