Re: kde4 backport

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Ferdi Thommes <devil@sidux.com> wrote:
Hi list,

I have seen differing statements on kaboom handling debian kde4 backports.
can someone make this clear please?

Hi,

I can only speak behalf of the unofficial backports on debian-desktop.org.

At the moment I will have no intention to backport kaboom.
This is mostly due to the fact that I had yet no time to dig into kaboom and analyze its procedures during installation and removal.

So I stick to the following for now:
- My backport is for Lenny only and I definitely want to have a .kde4 directory.
- This will allow users to switch back to kde 3.5 without loosing their data after playing around with kde 4.2.

Best wishes,

Martin