Re: Playback and other problems in Amarok 2.0.1.1

Am Dienstag, 24. Februar 2009 schrieben Sie:
> Christoph Burgmer wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 24. Februar 2009 schrieb John Kapnogiannis:
> > > Well first of all (as you can see in the subject of this message)
> > > there's a prob on playback. Many tracks(mp3's only, ogg's seem to work
> > > perfectly) just don't start playing. At first I thought the tracks were
> > > corrupt or something, but everything is ok with other players. So what
> > > do you think?? A problem with xine maybe?? Well, I know this list is
> > > for reporting packaging problems but I thought it was a good idea to
> > > discuss this matter with other users.
> >
> > This happen to me using gstreamer. With xine now things mostly work
> > fine except that ever so often playing stops completely and needs a
> > restart of amarok.
>
> So you are saying that I am probably using gstreamer?? I thought amarok
> could use only xine. Any hints on how to check that out?? :)

You can go to the settings of kde where you should find a "multimedia" tab which once opened gives you a second tab with "backend". The list there should let you choose between the backend you have installed.

Christoph