Re: gtk-qt-engine

I have reported the issue of gtk-qt-engine related to Iceweasel/Firefox last time. See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=490978

The issue is mainly related to the way GTK is being used inside Iceweasel/Firefox, and gtk-qt-engine cannot emulate it correctly.

I hope upstream gtk-qt-engine can come up with better fix in the future.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:08 AM, Cassiano Leal <cassianoleal@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wednesday 18 February 2009 03:39:59 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 February 2009 22:34:39 Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> > Have any of you guys got problem with gtk-qt-engine? It won't display
> > kde4 theme for gtk apps.
>
> You need:
> gtk-qt-engine-kde4
> to apply KDE 4 themes to Gtk.

That's correct. And then you need to configure it in System Settings / Appearance.

It works, but not without glitches. Iceweasel's tabs are particularly ugly using it.

- Cassiano

--
Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan