Re: Uninstall noatun

Am Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2009 schrieb santilin:
> Christoph Burgmer wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2009 schrieb santilin:
> > > Hi, how can I uninstall noatun in debian 4.0, kde 3.5?
> >
> > kde depends on kdeaddons which depends on noatun-plugins which depends
> > on noatun (if I am not mistaken).
> > If you installed the kde metapackage I guess you need to go through
> > the single packages it pulls in and decide on a per-package basis
> > which ones you need, then you can remove kde without loosing all the
> > rest, which I guess? is your problem.
> > Or, in simple terms: "aptitude remove noatun" as admin if it is not.
>
> Yes, I want to keep all the rest of KDE.
>
> Maybe I could do it easier if I could easily change file assocciations
> in Konqueror to change noatun to amarok or kaffeine as needed, but I
> don't know how to do this without having to go through all of the
> different file types.

Ah, interesting how that meets... KDE does a poor job with file association. While you left click to open the file, and you could correct the program forever using the context menu, instead you need to open the control menu and do a difficult search. I tend to remove unusable players like noatun instead of spending too much time on resetting all those associations.

You could create a feature request for KDE 4.3, you have my vote.

Christoph