Re: Amarok after Lenny release

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 20:58:05 Dom wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:34 PM, Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>
wrote:
> > So what's this mail about you may ask? I want to know what Debian users
> > think about Amarok 2 (just install amarok from experimental, it's 2.0RC1)
> > and about what is going to happen to amarok in Debian. I just want to
> > know how many users are going to be satisfied or unhappy and why.
>
> As a Debian unstable user with a substantial Amarok collection, do I
> have to fear Amarok 2 eating my collection related data without
> warning or being incapable of going back to 1.4 for now?

You can always backup ~/.kde (or the amarok folders/configs inside).
If you are using a database for managing the playlist, the data will be
unaffected (but do a backup as I wrote above nontheless).

About a month ago, I couldn't import the data from the MySQL's DB. But the
current available amarok 2 version in experimental is newer than what I
tested, so it may work. If you did the backup, you can safely go back if you
want to.

Thinking about this one more time, amarok 2 should be using ~/.kde4, so the
data of amarok 1.4 should not be touched...

Regards, Lisandro.

--
Sea estricto cuando envíe y tolerante cuando reciba.
En otras palabras, solo envíe paquetes que cumplan rigurosamente con

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/