Re: Amarok after Lenny release

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 18:34:24 Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,
[snip]
> So what's this mail about you may ask? I want to know what Debian users
> think about Amarok 2 (just install amarok from experimental, it's 2.0RC1)
> and about what is going to happen to amarok in Debian. I just want to know
> how many users are going to be satisfied or unhappy and why.

I switched to amarok 2 rc1 about a month ago (perhaps it was a beta...)
because amarok 1.4 and kde 4 stopped to work fine together in some kde 4
update :-/

amarok 2rc1 is obviously not as complete as amarok 1.4, but it works fine (I
can't get used to the UI, but I guess that's a taste matter). Also,
considering that the first stable version of amarok 2 will be with kde 4.2,
and how much kde seems to have changed since 4.1, I don't doubt that amarok
2.1 will be a really great step forward.

Also, considering your firsts two points, it is obvious that is the correct
road to follow.

And, of course, thanks for your time and efforts to make amarok available in
Debian :-D

Regards, Lisandro.

--
Dadme voto electrónico y con una terminal os haré presidente.
  el.machi

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/