Re: Why KDE4 ktorrent in Lenny?

On Wed August 27 2008 07:41:22 Modestas Vainius wrote:
> trečiadienis 27 rugpjūtis 2008, Mike Bird rašė:
> > I just tried the KDE4 ktorrent 3 which is being pushed for Lenny.
> > It was a huge disappointment.  It brings in a lot of KDE 4 libs
> > which are otherwise not needed and it has maybe 10% of the
> > functionality of ktorrent 2.2.
>
> Come on, check your facts before saying anything. The only missing feature
> is RSS plugin.

I've tried everything I can think of.  There is approximately zero
functionality when Lenny ktorrent 3 is used with Lenny KDE 3.  This
seems to be because none of the ktorrent plugins are available.

My ktorrent / Settings / Configure ktorrent / Plugins list is empty.
How about yours?

Neither starting ktorrent nor accessing the plugins list causes the
plugins to be accessed (as shown by "ls -ul /usr/lib/kde4").  What
happens on yours?

Right clicking anywhere in the main list of active torrents (inherited
from ktorrent 2.2) results in an instant crash.  Does yours?

Pressing F1 (or clicking through from the menu) results in "Could not
launch the KDE Help Center: Could not find service 'khelpcenter'."
Does this happen on yours?

And the text is ugly and not anti-aliased.  How does yours look?

In short, the default Lenny ktorrent is horrible and nearly useless.
Without right click one must play games with queue manager to start a
stopped torrent and I have not found any way to stop a single torrent.

Is there any information you need from me to diagnose why everyone here
thinks ktorrent 3 is wonderful while to me it looks like a disaster?

TIA,

--Mike Bird