Re: flash problem

El Miércoles 10 Septiembre 2008, Denis Prost escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the list, but have been facing a problem with konqueror 3.5.9
> (debian testing) for a long time : in some circumstances, I can't get flash
> to be displayed properly :
> For example :
> 1) I go to :
> http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/tpl/hme/MaHomePage.htm?redirec
>t=true 2) then enter london as departure city and liverpool as destination
> city 3) then, click on search
> And I'm stuck with the "loading" picture, no result displayed.
>
> The same sequence with iceweasel works, I get the search result.
>
> I checked iceweasel and konqueror : both use the same plugin for
> application/x-shockwave-flash MIME type.
> (the one from the flashplayer-mozilla 9.0.124.0-0.0 package)
>
> I browsed the list archive for a solution but did not find it.
> Can anyone help me ?
> Thanks in advance.
  I'm afraid the problem is not in the flash plugin, but in some sort of
javascript compatibility issue. Unfortunately this kind of webs are not
tested against konqueror, and not only that, most of them includes
uncompatible hacks depending on the browser you use.

  I can propose you this solutions for getting it to work on konqueror. First
one is trying with different browser user agent identification, change this
on Tools->change browser identification

  The other one is testing with konqueror 4.1.1, it may work or not, but in
case it doesn't we are lucky that hopefully you can report it and it will get
solved in a reasonable amount of time. KDE3 is not developed anymore upstream
and if you need a fix like that chances are that KDE4 will provide it.

  Regards,

--
     Raúl Sánchez Siles
----->Proud Debian user<-----