Why KDE4 ktorrent in Lenny?

I just tried the KDE4 ktorrent 3 which is being pushed for Lenny.
It was a huge disappointment.  It brings in a lot of KDE 4 libs
which are otherwise not needed and it has maybe 10% of the
functionality of ktorrent 2.2.

And it crashes.  A lot.

What am I missing?  I don't understand why this piece of KDE 4
is being pushed prematurely.  Most users will simply have to
downgrade to ktorrent2.2.  Why not release ktorrent version 2.2
in Lenny and maybe have a ktorrent3 package for anyone that wants
to play on the bleeding edge?

--Mike Bird