Re: [KDE 4.1 backports] Lacking smartpm-core lead kde4 to not install on lenny

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 11:02:42AM +0200, ZeWaren / Erwan Martin wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to install kde4 yesterday. This is my experience.
>
> I set up a minimal lenny, and then I ran "apt-get install kde4", but
> aptitude refused to install it, because of a lacking dependency. So I
> tried kde4-minimal, which worked fine.
>
> Today I tried to aptitude kde4 again, and I managed to determine what
> package I was lacking.
> It was "smartpm-core". So I downloaded it from the debian website, use
> dpkg and "apt-get -f install", and now it's working.
>
> If my experience can help anyone...

Yeah, package was removed from testing due to this problem:
If this problem is not solved, smart won't be released in lenny, and backport
packages will need to be fixed accordingly.

Issue is: smartpm-core is needed by kpackage, that is needed by kdeadmin.
This kind of problems are to be expected while lenny is not a real stable :)

Ana