KDE4 Plasma Panel Behavior Change

Plasma was not updated to my knowledge, still using version on experimental.

After a not-infrequent plasma crash while playing with widgets, the behavior
of the panel changed from the Pager, panel icons/widgets on right half, menu
and running windows on left half to .... all icons spaced evening through the
whole length. Running (minimized) windows do not show up on the panel at all!
which means they are really hiddent (alt/tab will find them, of course).

How might I restore the regular behavior? Bug or feature?