Re: kde4 some feedback

Am Saturday 19 January 2008 21:37:52 schrieb Fathi Boudra:
> > let alone a full KDE4 environment because than i had to
> > uninstall some important applications like kmail. Konqueror is on the
> > "can't install" list, too.
>
> It's possible. I installed KDE4 desktop and kept kontact without problem.
> kmail doesn't exist for KDE 4.0.0 so you can't conflict.
> If you install a KDE4 desktop, you will use konqueror 4.0.0.

You're right. I didn't realize that using kdebase-kio-plugins from unstable
will solve my problems. kdebase-kio-plugins from testing depends on kdesktop
which leads to broken packages (i don't know exactly which package from
testing collides with one from experimental, has sth. to do with
kdebase-bin...).

Thanks,
Martin