Re: kde4 some feedback

Am Mittwoch 16 Januar 2008 21:43:39 schrieb Christophe Prud'homme:
> thanks for packaging kde4! great job !

Well, yes. :)

>  it works for me :)
>
> Installation was a little bit rough (like having aptitude saying that it
> want to remove some packages like g++) but it went fine in the end.
>
> I now use kde4 daily. The features/eye candy are quite impressive like the
> desktop/kwin effects. I feel also that somehow the environment is quite
> responsive compared to previous version and considering all the eye candy.

I'm using testing and could install only very few KDE4 applications (kopete
(which is useless right now due to a missing otr plugin), dolphin and okular,
afair), let alone a full KDE4 environment because than i had to uninstall
some important applications like kmail. Konqueror is on the "can't install"
list, too.

Best Regards,
Martin