Re: The kde team solution is not work well, i think so

* Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> [2008 Jan 15 02:21 -0600]:
> On Jan 14, 2008 1:09 AM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@researchut.com> wrote:
> > BasaBuru wrote:
> >
> > > Please dont send a private mail, we loss information
> > >
> > > I'm use a sid/experimental Debian
> >
> > You should have read Ana's announcement email.
> > Second, what is in Experimental is not for general user.
> > If you are using something from experimental, you know what you are doing.
> >
> > I'm using KDE4 right now (from experimental) and it works good.
>
> I'm not sure it works well yet, but not by any fault of the DDs.  I
> think the upstream KDE team was quite premature in calling it stable
> given some relatively basic stuff like configuring the panel are still
> missing.

Have you read Aaron Seigo's blogs on this topic?  There is a reason
they believe they had to do it now otherwise KDE 4.0.0 would remain an
ongoing Beta much like the GNU HURD.  Some things just don't happen
until there is an actual .0 release.  Friday's release has set a lot of
good things in motion that wouldn't have happened, even though they
readily admit that it is not feature complete and buggy.

I accept their explanation at face value.  I can play with 4.0.0 via
live CD distributions and when it stabilizes I'll look forward to
seeing it in Sid.  Until that point, perhaps 4.1.x or even 4.2.x, I'm
not quite ready for it to replace 3.5.8, at least just yet. Kernel
2.6.x was out almost two years before I began using it on a daily
basis.

The state of F/OSS software is much better now than a decade ago when I
made the commitment to Linux full time.  My thanks to all involved for
a decade Microsoft Free!

- Nate >>