Re: Xembed (and perhaps flash 9.0.115) support in konqueror, kdebase and kdelibs fixes

Hi Fathi,

Am Montag, 7. Januar 2008 15:54 schrieb Fathi Boudra:
> > Is there a plan to provide updated etch (KDE 3.5.5) packages?
>
> related to this bug,  atm no.
>
> The only  bug targeting  etch is:
>

> Just let us know if you want a backport of the patch for Etch.

I would appreciate a backport to etch. I cannot estimate the effort for that
backport though, but I think if you do not provide a backport, the etch users
have the choice between:

- using a backlevel flash plugin with known security problems
- not using konqueror at all for sites with flash content (which is nowadays
almost like not using konqueror at all for web browsing)
- upgrade their whole KDE installation to a version from backports.org (which
might get the fix sooner or later)

Did I miss something here?

> The good news is lubos fixed the issue with the broken administrator mode
> in kcontrol modules.
> You can expect it for the next kdelibs/kdebase upload.

that is really good news :-)

Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch