Re: Amarok using KDE 3.5.7

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 11:06:36 +0100, Richard Ibbotson wrote:

[...]

> Done that.  Only problem now is that although I can get Amarok to play
> an MP3 it doesn't put any sound out.  Maybe it just plays Ogg files
> these days and not MP3 ?  I use Alsa for sound which is playing my
> local radio station just now from my digital receiver but nothing
> from Amarok.  Tried to play with the Amarok settings.  Doesn't make
> any difference.

You should have libmad0 installed which takes care of decoding MP3
files. In any case, if amarok can not decode a file it will pop up a
window and complain about the missing codec; it will not pretend it is
playing while not producing any sound.

Check "Settings > Configure Amarok > Engine > Configure xine Engine",
especially the combo box for "Output plugin".

          Florian   |