Unmet Dependencies

Greetings --

This is my first post to debian-kde, and it is regarding a problem
that is probably due to my own ignorance, so please excuse me if
that's the case.

The problem in its essence is that when I try to install kde using
'apt-get install kde' I get an error message stating, 'the following
packages have unmet dependencies: kde: Depends: kdeutils (>= 4:3.4.3)
but it is not going to be installed E: Broken packages'.

When I attempt to follow the dependency chain, I end up at libsnmp10,
about which apt reports 'E: Package libsnmp10 has no installation
candidate'.

My sources.list file has only one entry:
'deb http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian unstable main contrib non-free'

I'm really just trying to figure out if I've got something wrong with
my setup or if there is a problem with the kde packages in the
unstable repository. In other words, should I be fixing something or
just waiting patiently for the maintainers to repair the broken
packages?

I am running a very minimal installation at the moment. I got to this
point by installing using only the netisnt CD for stable amd64
(debian-40r1-amd64-netinst.iso), after which point I changed my
sources.list to point to unstable repositories on the net and did an
update/dist-upgrade to where I am now (lenny/sid 2.6.22-2-amd64).

I hope I've provided enough information, but please let me know if
I've omitted something pertinent.

Thanks in advance!

--Stuart