Re: kpowersave suspend-to-ram does not work - private mail

Hi,

2007 m. July 24 d., Tuesday, pol rašė:
> As you surely know, that do not exclude troubles due to conditions users
> can produce by tinkering about their system (xorg misconfiguration, acpi
> wrong set up, etc). An help on this regard could be provided by kubuntu or
> debian users, as well.
Yes, especially, xorg video drivers (proprietary fglrx is especially bad at
this) and hardware etc. Maybe kpowersave does not unload kernel modules which
klaptopdaemon does? My experience with klaptopdaemon is pretty contratry to
yours. The last time (kde 3.4 maybe) I tried it out it didn't work for me in
most areas (incl. suspend) whereas kpowersave did.

> So what is the real reason you are rejecting access to a user? Are you
> acting on behalf of a well representative group?
I'm not acting as representative and I'm not rejecting anything. I'm just
saying that there are many distro specific factors involved so it's the best
bet to consult distro specific forums/mailing lists. Don't make it personal.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>