Launching root konsole from kicker; konsole is always root.

Hi,

After a recent reinstall of Debian Lenny, I tried to reproduce a previous
setup where I could launch Konsole as normal user, or as root,  using two
separate icons on the KDE panel.

No go this time - I tried konsole as a different user, but this results in a
freeze of the panel itself and eventually of KDE itself, and a
message "KDEInit could not launch KDEsu" after closing the Konsole; I
tried "sudo Konsole" from the panel but an error dialog said "KDEInit could
not launch sudo". KDE's "Root Konsole" worked OK but is a pain because each
tab requires retyping the password.

Other apps requiring root privileges via KDEsu (eg root konqueror and adept)
work OK.

To make matters worse, I fiddled with Konsole's settings in such a way that it
always launches as "Root Konsole" and I cannot find a way to put it back to
normal user as default.

Any advice on either problem appreciated.

Thanks,

John