Re: kdmtheme: "Override files found"

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 03:19:05AM -1000, Ryo Furue wrote:

> In /usr/share/doc/kdm/README.Debian, I found these words:
>
>   By default, the use of special graphical themes with KDM is
>   disabled.  If you wish to use the 'Circles' theme that comes with
>   the kdm package, or any other theme that you have installed, you
>   should research the 'UseTheme' and 'Theme' fields in
>   /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc.

Read a few paragraphs further down that doc :)  I'm running pure Etch,
and I found that even though theming is apparently disabled, the package
drops a kdmrc override fragment into /etc/default/kdm.d/ which forces
the Debian specific theme to be used, and it cannot be changed from the
control panel.

If you comment out the entries in /etc/default/kdm.d/10_desktop-base, then
you can enable or disable KDM themes with kcontrol as you would expect.

Nick