Re: Solved: Flash in Konqueror

On Thursday 01 February 2007 13:38, John O'Hagan wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 January 2007 20:04, Tim Ruehsen wrote:
> > I purged flashplugin-nonfree and installed it again.
> > In konqueror->settings->plugins I changed the search directory list
[...]
> > 	/usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins/
[...]
> Unfortunately, this did not solve the issue for my etch box. Some sites
> with Flash do work, so as I do not really understand the relationship
> between Flash and Javascript (which I have installed and enabled), I will
> do some more research so I can submit an informed bug if appropriate, and
> get back...
[...]

I got an off-list request for this: Here's a sample of some webpages that do
not work as they should in Konqueror but do in Iceape:

http://www.myspace.com/etallovesyou
http://www.abc.net.au/dig/jazz/justplayed/default.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zlpWVOcx34
http://www.circusoz.com

The last one returns a page of text error messages; the rest just render
incompletely. If anyone feels like testing them... Another one is my bank's
secure pages (won't post that!) where Javascript links don't do anything in
(Etch) Konqueror but are OK in other browsers. However, other Javascript
elsewhere seems to work. I'm stumped; I'll just use Iceape where I need to I
guess!

Regards,

John