.desktop

Hi guys, i have a little problem, i renamed the "Desktop" folder in my
home folder, to "desktop".

Now all shortcuts on my desktop dissapeared, and i cannot create new
ones, a message pops up that says: "Could not write to
/home/matias/Desktop/opera.desktop", for example..

I tried renaming back to "Desktop" and it doesn't  pop anything, and
still no shortcut appear on the desktop, not even newer ones.

I have kde 3.5 on debian eth1. Thanks for you time, cheers.

Matias.-
mail/msn: gmad22@gmail.com