Using Sarge backports of Amarok

To see whether recent Amarok versions are significantly improved, I decided to
upgrade my Sarge-supplied V1.2 to the Sarge backport of V1.4 provided by
Dennis Strosberg, here : http://deb.stosberg.net/groups/amarok.html

However ... it doesn't seem to be a trivial upgrade ... among many other
changes, apt-get wants to :
*  uninstall amarok-arts and amarok-gstreamer
*  install amarok-engines and amarok-xine
*  install a MySQL client (!!!)
Overall, it wants to download 16Mb of stuff (some might call this bloat, for a
music player).  Anyway, I'm on dialup, and it'll have to wait till a better
time.

But I'd love to know: the above changes ... are they a Good Thing[TM] ?

Cheers
Nick Boyce
--
Will no one rid me of this troublesome chair ?