Re: Litter In The Logs If DVD In The Drive

Hi KDEers,

| > Use another application (amarok, kaffeine etc.) capable of playing
| > CDs.
|
| Well, I'd love to, but Amarok (1.2) fails to play audio CDs on my
| system [. . .]

I can't use amarok or kaffein, either, although I don't know my
problems are related to yours.  (I use the testing distribution
of Debian.)

kaffeine hangs immediately after being launched.  When I try to close
its window, an error dialog box pops up, saying
'Window with title "Kaffeine Player" is not responding.'
At the same time, my /var/log/daemon.log shows

  . . . automount[26357]: failed to mount /home/.directory
  . . . automount[26358]: failed to mount /disk/.directory

(I'm positive that this is related, if not due, to kaffeine, because
 it's repeatable.)

amarok crashes at the second page of its setup wizard.  Since the
crash repeated at my second try, I removed the package.

kscd at least plays CDs although it has never finished one;
it stops in the middle of any CD and once that happens, pressing
the "play" button doesn't do anything; it remains silent.

The only reliable CD player has been xmcd for me.

Ryo