Re: Litter In The Logs If DVD In The Drive

On Saturday 13 January 2007 00:21, Modestas Vainius wrote:

> This does not have anything to do with upgrade from sarge.

uhuh ... not that I said it did, or anything.  I run plain old Sarge.

> KsCD is simply buggy (and has been such for years
> apparently) and out-of-date. Related bugs:

Oh ... that's disappointing ... I quite like it.  For me it's minimal, clean
and effective.  It plays audio CDs very very well.

> Use another application (amarok, kaffeine etc.) capable of playing CDs.

Well, I'd love to, but Amarok (1.2) fails to play audio CDs on my system (a
textbox containing "audiocd:/" appears, a dialog pops up saying "Could not
read /", and nothing else at all happens; and there is no config option to
specify the device to be used), while although Kaffeine (0.6) works, it has
an issue ... audio CD playback "stutters" - it suffers from intermittent
cutouts, every 5 to 10 seconds - they're only ~1 second long, but it's very
off-putting.

Amarok works fine with ogg & wav files (although the visualisations don't work
- a message appears saying "No Visualisations Found - Please install
libvisual and recompile" !).

Kaffeine works fine playing DVD movies - no stutters at all.

For audio CDs, I need KsCD - but maybe you're right, and I really don't :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
Nick Boyce
--
Will no one rid me of this troublesome chair ?