Re: bug #403133 - print from kpdf fails, add file name to command and it works

Hi,

2007 m. sausis 11 d., ketvirtadienis 20:58, Didier Raboud rašė:
> Well..
>
> Steps to reproduce on _my_ machine :
>
> * Open http://bugs.debian.org/403133 (for example) in konqueror.
> * [Ctrl-P] (Menus : Location, Print)
> * In "Name:", choose to print to a PDF file
Are you referring to the name "Print to File (PDF)" here? If not, read below.

> * In "Output file:", choose to print to /tmp/print.pdf (for example, no
> matter)
> * Clic "Print"
>
> Then that error message appears :
> -----------------
> A print error occurred. Error message received from system:
>
> Unable to start child print process. Check the command syntax:
> gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dSAFER -dPARANOIDSAFER -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sPAPERSIZE=a4
> -sOutputFile=$out{/tmp/print.pdf} -c save pop -f %in
> -----------------
That is not the command which should executed be when you choose "Print to
File (PDF)". It seems that your configuration is broken somewhere.

By the way, I've found "Print to a PDF file" in my user ~/.kde config files.
KDE wouldn't let me choose it for printing, but it was there. KDE 3.5.5 no
longer has this "special printer" because it is superseeded by "Print to File
(PDF)". So I recommend you (if you don't have jobs pending and haven't
customised kdeprint)

$ rm -rf ~/.kde/share/apps/kdeprint

-- OR if you have heavily customised kdeprint --

$ editor ~/.kde/share/apps/kdeprint/specials.desktop

and remove obsolete entries. Default KDE entries can be found
at /usr/share/apps/kdeprint/specials.desktop.

`kbuildsycoca` or even KDE log off & log on might be needed for changes to
take effect.

You can also try editing printer list via kcontrol module "printers".

I'm closing this bug... Reopen if steps above do not help.