Dynamic Networking

Hi there,

I've recently reinstalled my laptop with Etch. Back when it was running
Sarge, I used the packge "laptop-net" to handle switching network
connections, plugging in the wireless card etc. while the system was
active.

I assumed that in Etch, udev and friends would take care of this for me,
but this seems not to be the case. At the basic level, I'd like my
laptop to try to obtain a DHCP lease when the wired network is
connected, and to scan for known wireless networks when the PCMCIA wifi
card is inserted (and to try to connect to recognised wifi networks).
What's the "right" way to do this in Etch? Ideally I'd like a nice
Debian-compatiable KDE interface for this.

Dave
--
Dave Page <grimoire@sparky.ox.compsoc.net>
Jabber: grimoire@jabber.earth.li