Re: [sarge] Konqueror 3.3.2 and Gmail

On Sunday 17 December 2006 14:23, Kevin Krammer wrote:

> On Saturday 16 December 2006 23:30, Nick Boyce wrote:
>
> > Does anyone here know how to (or whether it's possible to) get the
> > Konqueror 3.3.2 that comes with Sarge to work with Gmail's AJAX interface
>
> I think this version of Konqueror is too old for AJAX.
> If I remember correctly support for XMLRPC has been added at KDE3.4

Thanks - that would explain it.  I guess maybe the presence of "Mozilla 1.6"
and "Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP" in the browser identification options
list doesn't actually mean Konqueror has the same capability ....

I've found other references agreeing with you about Gmail working with 3.4.x -
but sadly there's no changelog info at kde.org at all to indicate when
support was added.

For reference by anyone else interested, some useful URLs I found this
afternoon :

A really excellent write-up of the issue :
  http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1195
  "GMail and Konqueror"

The last time this seems to have been discussed on this list :-)  ...
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2005/07/msg00263.html

There are posts to kde.org lists all through 2005 discussing patches to repair
Konqi's broken XMLHTTPrequest code - e.g.
  http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=110139670817086&w=2
  http://lists.kde.org/?l=konq-bugs&m=110643876215402&w=2
  http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=112916380707309&w=2
so I guess we can't expect Gmail to work properly until whatever KDE release
incorporated those patches.

Cheers
Nick Boyce
--
Will no one rid me of this troublesome chair ?