Re: KDM auto-login user after x secs

2006 m. lapkritis 27 d., pirmadienis 05:59, Daniel L. McGrew rašė:
>         I've used kcontrol and went to the convience tab and
> there is no option to allow a user to be automatically logged
> on after x secs... this does not do what I need... as gdm did...
Such configuration should be enough:

http://alioth.debian.org/~modax-guest/kcontrol-autologin-x-secs.png

Btw, I think, this feature is very new. It was added sometime post kde 3.5.0
(in minor "point" releases). So it's definitely not available on sarge, only
on etch & sid. I've tested it and it works perfectly. Just once you
change "Login Manager" (kdm) settings, don't forget to restart kdm (killing X
with ctrl+alt+backspace or loging off & login on is not enough!) with

# invoke-rc.d kdm restart

in linux virtual terminal console

-- OR --

simply restart your computer