Re: [SOLVED] Define KDEHOME

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 11:00:42PM +0000, David Jarvie wrote:

> Currently, I edit startke to set KDEHOME, KDEDIRS, etc, and it would be nice
> to move that stuff into a separate file so that I don't have to edit startkde
> each time I update. I build from KDE source rather than use the Debian
> packages, so perhaps that could make a difference.

Here's another way:

Create /usr/local/bin/startkdealt:
#!/bin/sh

KDEHOME=$HOME/.kdealt /usr/bin/startkde "$@"
#-- End /usr/local/bin/startkdealt

And create /usr/share/xsessions/kdealt.desktop:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=XSession
Exec=/usr/local/bin/startkdealt
TryExec=/usr/local/bin/startkdealt
Name=KDE, alternate config
Comment=The K Desktop Environment, alternate config. A powerful Open
Source graphical desktop environment
#-- End /usr/share/xsessions/kdealt.desktop

...and then choose "KDE, alternate config" from kdm (alt-t or the
options button).
--
Rob